Sunday, January 10, 2010

It's Official!

I am a Yoga Teacher in Training!!!

Today was my first day as a 200 Hr Yoga Alliance student at my favorite studio here on Oahu. Class will be 4 days a week - 5 hours on Saturdays and Sundays, and 3.5 hours on Wednesdays and Fridays. So 4 days a week, my practice will get pushed to its limits. Two days a week will be dedicated to homework - home practice, meditation, and reading. One day is given for rest, but to stick to my commitment, on that day I'll probably just do an easy, restorative practice, and mabye spend a lot of time in shivasana.

The first class was exciting. We spent a good chunk of time getting to know the teachers and each other, we practiced, and then we had an anatomy lesson focusing on the feet.

There is so much to learn, and I am so happy to start!

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment