Sunday, January 10, 2010

Second Day of Yoga Teacher Training

Today was even better! With the introductions aside, we got right to the nitty gritty. We chanted an opening invocation, and then practiced. I was soaked in sweat, even though much of what we were doing was based in the basics. But we held the poses for what seemed like an eternity, tweaked the poses, and moved dynamically within the poses. There were times that I thought I couldn't do it, but I reconnected with my breath, and breathed through it... always just about to give in when it was finally time to release the pose.

I learned so much about the lineage of yoga, and got the answers to some questions I've had for a while.

I'm studying Hatha Yoga. Much of today's popular yoga styles fall under the umbrella of Hatha Yoga, including Anusara, Jivamukti, Ashtanga, Vinyasa Flow, and more. Each of the three teachers comes from a different background within Hatha, so they bring different aspects to the class and blend them all together for a wonderfully incorporative experience.

I am humbled by their knowledge, and super excited by the prospect of becoming a better yogi under their tutelage!

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment