Sunday, January 3, 2010

Power Yoga, My Way (Jan 2)

As I've posted before, I love to do my own sequences. This practice was one of my better ones. I was still feeling good from my hip opening practice the day before, and I channeled that goodness into a strong power yoga session full of chutarunga, side plank, and warrior II's. Good stuff!

It has been a busy holiday season, and I'm happy that I kept up the yoga throughout, with the exception of Christmas Day. With so much going on every day for the Holidays, my new job, and all the other things daily life brings, it's hard not to get lost in the hubbub of activity. This quote reminds me of why I feel so good doing yoga.

"You must learn to be still in the midst of activity and to be vibrantly alive in repose."

What I learn in yoga helps me stay steady throughout the day (not that I *always* succeed, but I'm making progress). And when I come to the mat, most days I feel energized knowing that I will spending the next 20, 40, 60 or 80 minutes on this one small rectangle. And when I step off the mat, I'm ready to truly relax and recharge, which allows me to start again the next day, from a neutral place.

Namaste


No comments:

Post a Comment