Saturday, August 22, 2009

Late Night Yoga

Last night, I mentioned that waiting until the last minute of the day to yoga is not a good idea. Yet I did it again today. And again, I struggled to keep my mind clear. I kept reviewing the events of the day, especially the things that I said that I wish I hadn't said at all.

This has got me wondering. Is late night yoga really a less than stellar idea, or is it a challenge that could help me strengthen my practice? Which is the better path - to realize I'm not as focused at night and switch to an earlier time, or to realize I'm not as focused at night, and continue to struggle through it hoping to gain insight and clarity?

I am a worrier by nature. At the end of the day, my worries can be consuming. Today, I'm leaning towards continuing the night time practice. I think I would benefit, body and soul, if I could curb the nighttime worries, and maybe yoga at night is a step in that direction.

Ideally, I would do both daytime and nighttime yoga. Until then, I think I'll continue to switch it up, instead of ruling out one or the other altogether.

Before I head to bed, I'd like to share something from "Meditations from the Mat" again:

"If you do what you did, you get what you got."

Simple, powerful words.
Namaste.

1 comment:

  1. On the nights that you did it later, even though it was harder to clear your mind, did you feel lighter afterward? Did you sleep better?

    ReplyDelete