Thursday, August 27, 2009

Somewhere in the middle

Tonight, I practiced with my favorite Yoga DVD - Shiva Rea's Solar Flow. I had a productive day today, and I felt like I had the energy for a challenge. And Solar Flow can definitely be challenging!

I used the Matrix feature on the DVD, focusing mainly on the balance poses flow. This DVD is awesome because it accommodates so many levels, and gives you so much to grow into. On most of the balance poses, I stay at the first phase. But I am proud to say that tonight, I managed a new phase in the split balance pose. While I still can't do the whole shebang, I am stoked that I am just one phase away. I surprised myself, and I am so happy about it.

What makes me happy about all of this is that I see that I'm somewhere in the middle, and making progress. I'm no expert by far, but I've come a long way from the beginner phase. And while most people would look at Shiva's amazing arm balances and think 'no way', I'm getting to a place where I'm thinking 'someday'. And hopefully someday soon!

I ended with a longer shivasana than usual after my hard work, complete with puppy kisses to tell me it was time to snap out of it. Now it's time to hit the sack, because I'm meeting a friend for Zumba in the morning. I've got a massage scheduled too, and I think I'm going to need it!

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment