Sunday, August 30, 2009

2 Weeks!

Today marks 14 days straight of yoga and blogging, and it feels fantastic!

I switched things up tonight, and walked my dogs for about a mile right before I practiced. This was a good change for two reasons. One, the dogs were relaxed and quiet after their walk, instead of trying to get my attention. Two, I was warmed up and limber from being outside walking in the warm, humid air.

I've realized that Angus is obsessed with my yoga mat. It's old, and I've been wishing for a new one. I think I'll cut this one to size for his crate, and replace it with a new, eco-friendly mat for me. Angus has hip dysplasia, and we have a tile floor, so I'm sure he will really appreciate the repurposed mat.

I practiced with Power Yoga again tonight, and marveled at just how much stronger I feel after only two weeks! An Anusara teacher I admired in Florida used to say that when you lunge, you should push forward with the back leg and pull back with the front leg, pulling strenght upward from the center, into the heart. The concept made sense to me before, but I'm just starting to actually feel the difference. The strength in my legs seems to be taking the strain off my knees in deep lunges, making it easier to hold the poses longer, and with what feels like better form.

I can't wait to see what the next two weeks bring!

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment