Friday, December 11, 2009

Forward Bend

Today, I focused on really sinking into standing forward bend, with strong legs. My hamstrings have been tight - I'm guessing because I've been feeling a little more stressed this week, and also cutting my practices shorter. Forward bend just wasn't coming as easily, so I decided to spend some time on it, and slowly work back into it.

I varied my arms, and found that it's easiest to really sink in at the beginning, when I'm still tight by holding each elbow in the opposite hand. Once I limbered up, I found it easiest to sink farther by holding on the undersides of my big toes, and bending my elbows.

Now I'm feeling much better, and with this looser more relaxed feeling, I'm looking forward to lying down for a good night's sleep.

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment