Monday, December 7, 2009

I practiced yesterday, but it didn't last.

Yesterday, I practiced early, because I knew it would be a late night. I was interrupted, and had to take what I had done as good enough.
The day spiraled out of control from there, and I quickly loss my sense of center. It was a good day, but it was hurried, stressful, and unbalanced. One of my biggest struggles is keeping the sense of calm I find in yoga going throughout the rest of my day, and throughout life. Yesterday, I made a little bit of progress in that I tried to stay true to myself, instead of trying to please everyone else. But I didn't keep that solid sense of self going.
I find it helpful to look back, and recognize where I lost my way in the day, and reflect on what I could have done different, and how I could have felt different, if I had been more thoughtful about my words, actions, and reactions.

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment