Sunday, December 20, 2009

Side Plank

After a week of relatively easy practices, I decided to amp it up a little today, since it was Saturday. I did that by adding side plank back into my normal routine, and also a few variations of downward dog, with one leg up, stretching over to the opposite side.

My body seemed really happy with the challenge. Even though it's late in the day, and almost time for bed, I feel invigorated. And I feel longer. I love that feeling.

The things we do day in and day out make us feel compact, shorter, compressed. Yoga fixes that, and it fixed me today! I feel long, and a little bit leaner. And definitely stronger. And my forward bend seemed to improve, and get a little closer to what has been my normal. I guess all that stretching of the sides helped me loosen up my back as well.

Now, it's time for bed, and I'm looking forward to sleeping until the sun comes up tomorrow!

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment