Monday, November 23, 2009

99 Yoga Poses on the Wall...

99 Yoga Poses... You take down, master it around, 98 poses of yoga...

Ok, I'm feeling silly. This is my 99th day of yoga, and when I noticed that, the old song popped in my head. At first I didn't think anything of it, but then I thought of my friend Claire, who has a gorgeous yoga room in her house, with posters of the poses on the wall. I think I'd like to get a poster, and use it as a 'to do' list. A reminder if you will, to learn each and every pose in detail, not just the ones that seems so enticingly challenging. I've got some Amazon shopping to do, so I think I'll add that to the list.

I aspire to have a place carved out just for yoga and mediation some day too. Right now, I rotate through the house. When I'm using a DVD, I'm in the living room. When I'm using an old VHS tape or CD, I'm in the bedroom, where I keep a little TV/VCR combo in the closet. And when I'm practicing in silence, or with a podcase, I'm in the office. And every once in a while, if I'm feeling the need for more space, like for shoulderstand practice, I'm in the kitchen! It's nice to rotate around, but I'd like to be able to have a designated spot. A place that stays clean, and where I could leave my mat out because it's out of the way of traffic. It's not going to happen in this house, that's for sure. But maybe someday...

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment