Monday, November 30, 2009

Yogaholic?

Is there such a thing? After 100 days of yoga, it's definitely becoming a habit, and something I think about throughout the day.

Alcoholics drink to feel better, smokers smoke... do yogaholics hit the mat?

I got upset tonight, and all I could think of was yoga. I stopped what I was doing, and went to practice. I practiced till I felt calm, then I meditated for a few minutes to try and cement that feeling a little bit into place. Maybe cement isn't the right word, because what I really want is a little flexibility, but with a string attached that pulls me right back into place. A saying about a tree comes to mind, about bending in the wind but not breaking, and staying rooted in the earth.

That is what yoga is for me, and I want that to grow even stronger. I want to bend to the needs of the day, but not snap, and I want to always keep my center strongly grounded.

And if craving that feeling every day makes me a yogaholic, then so be it! :)

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment