Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Sun Salutations

I love the rhythm and simplicity of sun salutations. I like that after all these days of continuous practice, and years of sporadic practice before that, I can flow through sun salutations without having to focus on which pose comes next. It's relaxing and invigorating all at the same time.

I've been learning lunar salutations too, but I think I lean towards sun salutations because I'm more familiar with them.

Tonight, even though it's a little rainy outside, I practiced sun salutations. It felt great, especially the warmth that they create juxtaposed with the damp, chilled air.

A winter storm is supposed to be headed our way, and I look forward to the chance to practice to the sound of pounding rain. I think if I get that opportunity, I'll switch to lunar salutations and relish in the coolness they entice.

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment