Thursday, November 26, 2009

Surf Yoga

Today, I went up to the North Shore and watched the big wave riders. Their confidence, their respect for the power of the ocean, and their unbelievable skils are all awe inspiring. I saw a sign at a local cafe for surf yoga, and surf massage. Providers tweak yoga and massage to make it work for surfers - building balance, core strength, and taking care of the muscles of the upper back that are so important to paddling.

I've always wanted to learn how to surf. Having alwasy been a lack luster swimmer, I never had the guts. I promised myself that I would try it while I lived here, and today, I'm wondering if I have an advantage by already practicing yoga. Will my balance poses help me get up and stay up on a board? Maybe, maybe not.

But I'm willing to try and find out!

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment