Saturday, November 14, 2009

Day 90 - And what a wonderful day it was!

So, 90 days of yoga! Today was a wonderful day. I went to a concert at the Hawaii Theater that made me appreciate my life, my history, my opportunities, and of course the music.

First there was a screening of a concert DVD that showed many European locations - many of which I've been too. I was reminded how lucky I've been to travel the world. Memories came flooding back of experiences, friends, and feelings that have made me who I am today. It's easy to become disconnected from things that seem so long ago, and when you reconnect to them, you feel so much more alive.

Then there was the concert - Jack Johnson, live, in Hawaii. There were collaborations with Hawaiian artists, and a general spirit of aloha that you just don't get anywhere else. And that made me think of how lucky I am to have the opportunity to be here, living in Hawaii, and to have the means to go to such a concert!

And last but not least, the music. GOOD music. Music that warms your heart and makes you love your life just a little bit more. Lyrics that remind you of why you fell in love, and even better, why you're still in love.

What a great night. I came home, took the pups for a walk, and then settled in for an 'evening cool down' workout from Yoga Journal's podcasts. While I relaxed into it, I thought about all these positive influences I have in my life. I know I already said it, but I just feel so lucky, even honored maybe, to be living this life. It just keeps getting better!

Namaste


No comments:

Post a Comment