Friday, November 20, 2009

Sun Salutations and Breathing

I wonder if it's a normal progression for yoga students to first feel the connection of the flow of breathing with the flow of movement in sun salutations. That has definitely been my experience. Tonight, as I flowed through a series of sun salutations I realized that I no longer have to try so hard to inhale with certain movements and exhale with others. The movement and the breathing are becoming intrinsically linked. It feels natural, as if there is no other way, but I know from my years of sporadic practice that it certainly hasn't always been this way.

I hope this connection keeps growing within my practice. I look forward to having such a natural feeling through the more difficult sequences.

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment