Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Almost Famous...

Today's Meditation from the Mat started with a quote from one of my top 5 movies - Almost Famous. I was a little surprised at first, but then realized that I shouldn't be, because it's such an awesome movie!

The quote is, "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is the truth that we share with one another when we are being uncool."

This made me think of all the places I've lived, and all the friends I've had. How many of them truly knew me? I think that often, my 'Internet' friends know me better than my real friends. There are less barriers to the truth when your lives don't mix on a daily basis anywhere in reality. Granted, it is much easier to lie on the Internet. But that goes hand in hand with how much easier it is to be yourself.

On occasion, I've become friends in real life with people I've known for years on the Internet, and the friendship comes so much easier, since so much truth is already between us. People who know me on the Internet know much more about my thought processes, my successes, my failures. I recognize that this means I have work to do on my friendships with people I see all the time. I guess this means I'll be continuing with my "sat, nam" meditation, with a whole new angle to ponder.

Oh, and I did practice today of course. My old standby, Power Yoga with Rodney Yee. While I practically know the routine by heart, I'm really focusing on strengthening my Chaturunga Dandasana (four legged staff pose, or push up position) into Urdhva Mukha Svanasana (Upward Dog) into Adho Mukha Svanasana (Downward Dog) sequence. I'm hoping to get to a point where I can keep my knees and belly off the floor as I flow through the three poses. So I'm going to keep at it, hoping to build up to that.

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment