Friday, September 25, 2009

It's the Little Things

First, I did yoga after Zumba today, much earlier than usual. It is so nice to just watch TV and climb in bed at night, knowing I already fulfilled my commitment today!

I did another neck and shoulder opening exercise, and I was amazed at how much little, tiny movements can make a difference. It seemed like seated shoulder stretches should be relatively easy, but I found them increasingly difficult. With focus and the guidance of the DVD, I realized that there was much more tension in my shoulders than I thought.

Focusing so intensely on one small area made me realize just how much I'm missing when I flow through my practice and don't fine tune each position. Today, I found an openness in my shoulders that had to be cultivated, and that I can hopefully carry into my daily practice with focus and attention.

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment