Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Yoga with friends

Today I had the wonderful experience of Yoga with friends. Instead of being a stranger in class, I had familiar faces. And while I stayed focused just like I would without friends by my side, it was still a nice change of atmosphere.

I'm also happy with the class itself. It's on the Naval base, and very affordable - only $3! Previously when I tried classes at the base gym, I was not satisfied. But this teacher is slow, works in depth with the posture, and offers many modifications. I am looking forward to going to more of her classes.

Another bright spot today was in Zumba, when another Navy wife complimented me on this blog, and called it inspiring. What a nice thing to hear. I very much appreciate the fact that she even reads the blog, let alone finds inspiration in it. That lifted my spirits.

My goodies I bought online arrived today too, and I'm already digging deep into Light on Yoga. I'm taking it slow though, and trying to truly absorb everything I'm reading, instead of speeding through and skimming. Even though I went to Zumba this morning, and then to a Yoga class this afternoon, I'm tempted to open up one of the new DVD's and try it out. I don't want to over exert myself though, so I'll have to see how the evening unfolds.

Today has been a wonderful day!
Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment