Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Crane Pose

I'm feeling really good today, because I was able to balance in Bakasana, or Crane Pose, for a matter of moments, instead of a fleeting second. It was exhilarating!

I remember doing this pose as a child, long before I knew it was yoga. Before I'd ever even heard of yoga. And I remember it being much easier than it is now! I guess that speaks to how much more limber our bodies are as children, before work, stress, and age start to take their toll.

The rest of my practice was pretty standard. Another night of solar flow. But Bakasana was a shining moment of forward progress for me, and I couldn't wait to come here to share!

Namaste

2 comments:

  1. Yay!!! You should add stick figure drawings!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I thought of adding a picture, but I didn't want to worry about copyrights, etc. So I skipped it. Maybe when the hubby gets home, I can have him snap a picture of me in a pose!

    ReplyDelete