Saturday, September 26, 2009

Just a little bit more.

I was thinking earlier about why I've committed to doing yoga every day for a year, and why I'm writing about it. I was reading Meditations from the Mat, and something I read made it all click. I'm looking for a little bit more.

A little bit more strength.
A little bit more flexibility.
A little bit more stamina.
A little bit more understanding.
A little bit more peace.

When I'm practicing, I'm looking for a little bit more.

A little bit more depth in a pose.
A little bit more balance.
A little bit more relaxation.
A little bit more inner calm.
A little bit more breath.

But I'm also learning about moderation. So I have to be careful to temper that desire for a little bit more, and not take it too far, and not get carried away. A little bit more of these things is good, but going too hard, too heavy, too far, too fast would not be helpful at all! I'm going to keep this in mind, and try to practice moderation while searching for that little bit more.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment