Wednesday, September 30, 2009

A piece of Humble Pie

Today's Mediation from the Mat starts with a quote from Baron Baptiste. "The prize is in the process." In the entry, Rolf Gates goes on to describe a student who is attached to results. He says that being concerned with results and physical progress goes against the heart of yoga.

As I'm reading this, I'm wondering about my arms. A couple days ago, I posted about the changes in my arms, and how happy those changes made me.

Does that mean I'm too focused on physical progress and results? I hope not. It was good timing though, and I'm glad I read it.

I think it's a good thing to know your body, to recognize changes, to strive for strength... that all leads to better health. And better health is definitely something to be happy about!

I'm going to be more careful now though, more thoughtful. I'm happy to be aware of how easy it is to get focused on the wrong things, and lose sight of what really matters.

Speaking of arms though - they are tired! I did a longer version of the Solar Flow Matrix today, and I feel tired, but in a fulfilling way. Tomorrow, I'm going to give my arms a break and do a restorative practice!

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment