Sunday, September 20, 2009

So sleepy!

I am so tired, I can barely keep my eyes open. I got through my Power Yoga session, even though I'm ready to collapse.

We hiked today with the in-laws, went to an outdoor craft show, and went to a wonderful concert. The hike was killer, at least for me, and everything else was just icing on the cake.

During the hike, we had to cross a stream 3 times. In an effort to keep my shoes dry, I tried rock hopping. Here is another place in life where tree pose came in handy. Balancing on one foot, and using every muscle in my foot to grab onto that rock and not fall was a serious challenge - one that I rose to because of practicing yoga! Later though, at the far edge of a stream, just as I was about to hop on to dry land, I misplaced my foot and got my sneaker wet. After that, it was too dangerous with wet shoes to navigate the rocks, so I just trudged through the stream, shoes an all. I was so hot and sweaty, so it felt great!

I was afraid I would be too worn out when I got home at 11pm to even think about yoga. But I did my normal routine, and I did it well considering my fatigue. And now with a quiet, calm mind... I'm going to bed!

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment