Monday, September 21, 2009

Jello Legs

I got behind in reading my Meditations from the Mat. Tonight, after an hour of Power Yoga, I caught up. While I appreciated everything I read, none of it stood out to me as particularly special, and none of it got my mind thinking in any one specific direction.

So, I've got two things to mention. One, I thoroughly enjoyed my practice today, and now I have jello legs from it being such a good workout. That's such a good feeling!

Two, yesterday I went to a wonderful concert, "Two Native Voices". Keola Beamer, a Hawaiian Slack Key Guitarist, and R. Carlos Nakai, a Native American Flutist, joined forces to create something beautiful. While I listened to the guitar, I was mesmerized. While I listened to the flute, I was intrigued. But when I listened to the third set, where they joined the two together, I couldn't help but envision myself practicing flow yoga to the music. The two sounds together created such harmony, and my mind went straight to yoga. There was something magical about it, and I can't wait to get the CD and start practicing to it. I feel very lucky to have been exposed to such beautiful, artistic native music.

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment