Saturday, October 17, 2009

Another Day of Vinyasa Flow

Last night's practice felt great, but I didn't want to push it too hard tonight. I can definitely feel the workout in my legs, and while it's not painful, I thought I should be cautious.

So tonight, I did the same Vinyasa Flow DVD, but back to my old level. 

One thing that I noticed tonight was how much I tune into the cues about opening the collar bone, especially in Warrior Two and Triangle Poses. This is not a stretch that comes naturally to me. I curve forward naturally, and probably make it worse by sitting in front of the computer and the TV. So to stretch my back, and open the collar bone feels wonderful. I definitely need the cue to remind me to do that. This is the only DVD I've ever had that includes that cue in these poses, and that's a really relaxing and beneficial tweak to the pose.

Namaste


No comments:

Post a Comment