Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Lunar Flow

More goodies came in the mail today! Yay! My new Manduka mat, 2 cork blocks that are more stable than the foam one I had before, and a new CD "Drops of Nectar" which is a guided Lunar Flow practice with Shiva Rea.

I tried out the CD tonight, and marveled at the difference between Lunar Salutations and Solar Salutations. The poses are so similar, but with the rhythm so much slower, the outcome was very different.

At first, I had trouble keeping my breathing in line with the movements at that slow of a pace. But after the sixth or seventh series, I was getting better at it. I also found that moving so slow allowed me to pay more attention to my form coming out of Cobra and moving into Downward Dog.

I'm excited to have another tool in my Year of Yoga Toolbox!

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment