Thursday, October 8, 2009

A Gentle Reminder

Today, I did an "Evening Revival" routine, which is a gentle routine meant to open the shoulders, back, and hips. I know I've mentioned it before, but I was again amazed at how difficult I find the simplest poses when I need to hold them for extended periods, and really focus.

I hold stress between my shoulder blades, and this routine focus on the upper back much of the time. What the DVD claims to be a release of stress feels much different to me in this area. It's not painful, but it's very uncomfortable, and makes me feel uneasy.

Standing with my feet wide apart, arms extended out to my sides, and twisting around, I could feel that my upper back just did not want to release. I'm taking this as a gentle reminder from yoga that I need to be more mindful of my stress. I need to let things go as them come up, instead of storing them away in the tense muscles of my back.

And most of all - I need a massage! ;)

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment