Saturday, October 31, 2009

Headstand Progress!

Tonight, I did Solar Flow. I was feeling up to a challenge, and afterwards, I felt invigorated.

The highlight of my practice though, was the Shoulder Opening series of the Solar Flow Yoga Matrix, which culminates in shoulder stand. My husband was home tonight, so when it was time to pause the DVD and attempt shoulder stand, I enlisted his help. I'm timid about trying with 100% effort with no one there to spot me, so having him there tonight allowed me to try harder than before with being afraid.

I'm still not able to do it on my own, but with guidance from him, and a decent amount of help, I was able to into and out of the pose several times.

It was a great learning experience too, because just like in class, I learned that what feels right to me isn't actually the right form. What I thought was completely vertical was actually nowhere near straight up and down, making it impossible for me to get up and balance. Since I practice without a mirror, having him there to tell me and to correct me was a huge help!

I feel like I made more progress tonight that in all the other nights combined, and I'm excited about the prospect of practicing again tomorrow!

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment