Monday, October 26, 2009

Holding the Pose

I think I've mentioned it before, that Tree is one of my favorite poses, one I can relax in, and truly quiet my mind.

Today's Meditations from the Mat talks about meditating in the pose, letting thought drop away, and breathing into every cell of your body. The author recommended Warrior 2, but to start with this, I chose Tree.

I kept my practice simple - mostly sun salutations. And then I stayed in tree for a while on each side, softening my gaze, relaxing my breath, and feeling my body without analyzing. It's difficult - my mind wanders easily. But since I already find Tree to be an easy pose for me to center in, I was able to take it a step further.

I didn't work on my current challenge today - headstand. But I'll get back to that soon.

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment