Friday, October 2, 2009

Be Flexible

"Be Flexible to Be a Better You." The truth in that statement astounds me. Obviously in yoga, flexibility helps to deepen our practice. In other sports, flexibility helps us avoid injury, and allows us to accomplish more impressive feats.

But in real life, every day life, flexibility is essential to joy. As a military wife, I've found that if you go with the flow, take on each change and challenge, and make the best of it, you can be happy anywhere, in almost any situation. If you fight the changes, dig in your heels, and refuse to bend with the currents, you will find yourself to be miserable. Often.

I don't know about you, but I want to be happy, joyful. So I work on my flexibility, not just physically, but mentally as well. Thank goodness for yoga to help me do that!

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment