Thursday, October 29, 2009

There's a Yoga Master Trapped Inside Me!

Yup, that's how I feel today. Like there's a Yoga Master trapped inside me, dying to get out. Today I am feeling impatience. When I close my eyes and listen to the music, I can picture my body doing things that it just can't do yet. In my head, it seems natural and fluid. But the reality is not so, not yet at least.

Patience, patience, patience. And perseverance, right? I need to be patient and persevere and work towards my goals.

I find it strange that yoga offers instant gratification in that you feel better immediately. But there is no instant gratification when it comes to what I want. And I'm sure that's a good thing, because it will be so much more meaningful and valuable when I've earned it.

That's all for my musings today. My practice was light, and I focused on standing balance poses because my arm is still a little out of commission. More than anything, tonight's practice was a mental exercise to not judge myself, to not push myself, and to try to keep my mind in the right frame of mind, since obviously I'm feeling a little impatient! ;)

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment